Sunday, October 26, 2008

Revisiting SPSS

Well, I tried loading the SPSS program onto my new laptop- which of course has Windows Vista/Mohave/whatever on it. I'm thinking the SPSS and the Vista don't like each other much and don't really get along very well. So I've decided I will just do it all on my work computer like I did for our research and statistics class anyway and then move from there. I intended to run some statistics using the program last week, but things got kinda hectic, and, well, yeah.

Can someone tell me: Chapter 3, that's just our research findings and Chapter 4 would be the conclusion? I'm just guessing here. I had the "draft of components" due, I don't know, last week, and I assume this just refers to the research portion.

Where is everyone else on theirs?

4 comments:

LothLorien Stewart said...

In the MAT Program section of BB,when you first log in-it's listed like a class, there is an example and a framework to follow for the sections. But yeah, the third chapter is data and results. The last chapter 94) is conclusions and implications. Check out the example, it's very helpful. It put me on the right track when I found it.

teacherpreacher said...

I had trouble getting my SPSS going again too. Argh.
Lothlorien gave sound advice. Reading the sample action research project is incredibly helpful.

Katie Coverstone said...

You guys are fabulous. Will you be my advisor? I'll pay you five bucks. So far, I've gotten ZERO, let me repeat that ZERO feedback. Perhaps my e-mail is busted!

Sarahg18 said...

I have also been a little frustrated with the amount of feedback that I have gotten for this project. Through this MAT program we have gotten a lot of feedback throughout and then all of a sudden we are expected to write up and complete our project all on our own. It took me multiple emails and phone calls to finally get some feedback and the feedback I got was, "It's looking good so far." I agree with LothLorien that the sample paper in the MAT section was helpful in getting me going in the right direction.